Sunday, November 26, 2006


I tried making this dish around the time I got back from GR & TUR...and it was so good, that I have been wanting to post this on my blog! I am only 6 months behind :-}


Eggplant, Greek Style -


- Get one of those medium to big eggplants...

- Cut them into thin slices

- Coat it with oil on both sides

- Put it on a pan, sprinkle some salt & red pepper (to taste)

- Pre heat the oven to 360*

- Stick the pan in the oven

- Remove once it turns crispy and reddish


















For the toping:


- Cook white rice (1 cup)

- Take a pan, heat it

- Add butter/ghee


- Add garlic pieces (3, chopped)

- Add 1 onion, finely chopped

- Add 1 green pepper/capsicum, finely chopped

- Add 1 tomato, finely chopped

- Add some oregano, basil, parsley, salt and red pepper (to taste)
- Saute it altogether for about 7-8 mins
- Add the cooked rice and mix it well







Once it is done:


- Top the eggplant with the mixed rice

- Add mozarella cheese (shredded)

- Stick the slices back in the oven

- Remove when it melts...


Its ready to eat! You can eat it just like that or you can eat it with some garlic bread...whatever suits you...




Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds yuck.
Crisply fry the eggplant slices with some light batter that is seasoned with jalapeno peppers, garlic and ginger, and I'd come knocking... :)

 
At 3:03 AM, Blogger Saju Vasudevan said...

hey

u look cool on the blogs with ur cooking ....i do love cooking

 

Post a Comment

<< Home