Back again - 3rd day in Istanbul and it is hot today!!!
I am at a one day delay on reporting events...We went to Haghia Sophia, Blue Mosque and the Topkapi Palace in the Sultanahmet area yesterday...
Blue Mosque- Haghia Sophia


Topkapi Palace
So these are some of the main sites in and around Sultanahmet area...I think this city pretty much survives from the money that it gets from tourism for these 3 places...Other places that may add to the tourism are the Basilic Cistern, Spice Market etc...
Then we took the T4 bus to the Taksim Square area, where went shopping down this street called Istaiklal Cadesi...its almost like the SOHO of NYC or Robson St. of Vancouver..full of branded shops and a huge crowd of people walking up and down the street... Photo of which is down below~
Alright got to wrap it up now and more later about other parts of Istanbul...


2 Comments:
Have fun HD! Love the pics, maybe when you get mroe time you might consider writing a travelogue?
Hi KJ,
Thanks so much...I am definitely trying my best... among walking through this exciting city, shopping and trying our best with the local commute...I only find so much time to post pics and pen a few lines about those...
Definitely more later :)
~HD
Post a Comment
<< Home