Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Such Massacre?

I was astounded to read and hear about the Mumbai blasts yesterday. The pictures and the news clips sent a shudder down my spine and I was too bemused to even let a sigh out loud.

I just wanted to offer my sympathies to the dead and the families of the dead.

Who are those people I thought to myself, what must be running through their veins - blood, or poison?? What must they be made of, to be able to plot the death of hundreds of innocent so mercilessly? Hundreds of husbands, wives, mothers, teenagers, children, who, at the end the day must have only wanted to go home to their loved ones? All of those innocent people's lives just ends in a flash, faster than the speed of light, in a bomb blast?

How can some people (or animals) take lives so easily for a piece of land or for some dead woman's statue, or even a political need to prove one religion is superior over the other!!!????
Arent enough people dying around the world in hunger, earthquakes, hurricanes, etc...???? Do we need to add to these deaths by adding multitudes of plotted killings? The war, the genocides and what more?

I read about the similarities of what happened in Mumbai yesterday to the 9/11 attacks on NYC and the incident in Madrid. I also read something about the Shiv Senaiks causing riots and ultimately threatening to set Mumbai on fire, if no resolution to their quests were found...

It could be that the Shiv Sena (whose primary motto is to hate Muslims) has seen this as a two prong attack for both venging the insult to Meenatai's statue and to slur the islamic population with terrorism connections...OR it could very well be the terrorists!

Whatever it is, my memories of a city that I was born and raised in is soon fading away...Memories about taking the train to Chowpatty beach, to Nehru Planetarium...about eating fun foods at Khao Gully and shopping for fun clothes at Fashion street...about meeting up with friends and going for a movie at Sterling or Regal....or just about walking down Marine Drive...all of it is soon fading away in the misery of the dead in the bomb blasts.

I will continue to pray for those families that have lost their dear member(s) in this bomb blast.

-HD.

1 Comments:

At 4:49 AM, Blogger karmic said...

Pretty sad. I think the sheer size of the city is also making everything seemingly fall apart. It makes it more vulnerable to natural and man made disasters.

I grew up in Bombay too and am saddened by the attacks and the state of the city.

I always try to scoot off of to Pune when I get a chance.

Oh I hate the Shiv Sena and all fundamentalists who use religion for hatred and to divide people.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home