Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Fit as a Fiddle :)

Sorry have been away from the blog world for quite some time now. Work has kept me busy during the week and its only been 2-3 weekends since I got back from my vacation. So just got caught up with all the news, gossip, cooking and a whole bunch of exercise!

I have been somewhat obsessive about my work outs the last 6-8 months. Well it keeps my mind out of trouble and helps me sleep better at night. I don't sleep too deep otherwise. With about 45 mins - 1 hr of cardio, I am KO when I hit the bed.

Yesterday I signed up for an Abs (Tues-Thurs) class cos I thought due to my continued consumption of rice, I was getting way too bulky around my midrif...along with my cardio kick boxing class....which comes right after the Abs class...

I also am going to do some drop-ins on Pilates...every Mon-Wed. Pilates are supposed to stretch your muscles out and make them look leaner along with building your core strength.

Someone I know recently told me I am morphing into a yuppie as I continue to work hard and work out even harder :) I am picky about the foods I eat, organic milk, free range eggs etc...about which I never was concerned once upon a time. But, that is my way of including all the positive variables in life that I have control over...as for the things I dont have any control on, I just try to let them be...(actually thats a lie, but whatever)...

So anyway, I think all that I am trying to say here is that, looking back at my life about 5 years ago in Bombay and looking at my life now, a lot has changed...I would eat just about anything - Pani Puri, Vada Pav on the roads...without any worries about whether it is good for me or not...and now, I analyse everything I put in my mouth...I just wonder Has life gotten more complex?

Maybe yes, maybe no...but I can surely tell that I am getting fit. I never understood the concept of fitness when I was in India completely...I thought staying skinny was being fit....but now I know better...cos I would not be able to run 4 miles in India as I do now...I would not have been able to hike 6 miles uphill as I would now...

Just a realization that I thought I would share...

2 Comments:

At 5:21 AM, Blogger karmic said...

You sound like me. That is how I changed too, but I don't go to a gym. I have been jogging for about 12 yrs now and as you said staying in shape just changes your whole mindset. I do some strength training and the house we bought came with a good gym equipment, so I have no excuses now. :)
I am trying to eat organic, locally grown produce, but not convinced *A* about it completely, but am working on it. :)
Never been a rice fan though, and so the low carb intake was sort of by default.
Welcome back to blogging :)

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger hopefuldisposition said...

Well Einstein...work out your body or your math or dont any at all...like you said, Who cares??? Each to his own...!Welcome to my blog...you are linked to Manasi's...whose blog I have been randomly reading...in recent times...Thank You for your wishes...and good luck with your workouts :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home