Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Biking at Alki~

Last Sunday, PJ, MC, B and I went biking at the Alki Beach Park in West Seattle. It was awesome! It was about 65* farenheit and perfect skies and the sun was out and all that good stuff that makes Seattleites go crazy and create traffic jams everywhere...I've heard that there are only 2 types of days that can increase the number of accidents in Seattle - A lovely Sunny day and A day on which it snows...cos both are unusual for Seattle.

Whats usual? Take a guess - its known for its pluie (French for ya) people! So it rains all the time here...except for the few months starting April, ending September. These 6 months make up the most awesome season in Seattle...It starts with the beginning of Spring and ends with the onset of Autumn and you can see everything in nature from the new blooms to the leaves changing into wonderful riotous colours!

Don't mean to digress here, I meant to actually put up the Alki pictures and I got carried away by the beauty of Seattle...cos Sunday was a truly beautiful day!

I saw tons of people on the road, with their bikes, their dogs, their children and their partners - all outside, walking strolling, laughing, taking pictures...It was nice to see everyone bask in the sun...I did too, except I forgot to put sunscreen on and my skin started peeling later! But, I didn't mind that since we had sunny skies after a series of real crappy weekends...

So here are some of the pictures for you guys -


Above, 2 scuba divers about to jump into the water, behind them is the skyline view from Alki...

And then the bikers...

It almost looked like Bombay, Carter Road or Chowpaty....PJ and I kept talking about Bombay all the time we were there...:) I am nostalgic....

Alright, got to go!

More Later~

13 Comments:

At 9:45 PM, Blogger Paavany said...

Nice pics.

I never thought I would spend time fussing about the weather. But the high on Sunday WAS 80 degrees! Its definitely worth a mention.

 
At 4:42 AM, Blogger karmic said...

Ooh nice weather and pictures. Is it a ploy by Seattleites to say oh it rains all the time too keep people from moving there? ;)
I am thinking about taking up biking, not sure how long my knees can take the pounding of jogging.
Ya the image does remind me of parts of Bombay, although my nostalgia only goes far enough (and circumstances)allow only short visits.
On are about the 10th day in India I want to just come back home here. Maybe cos the India trips are not a vacation really. After a while the noise, the crowds the pollution and the issues with family and stuff gets to you.
Maybe next time will try to fit a vacation from all that in to the India visit. ;)

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger hopefuldisposition said...

Yes and the ploy works!! Just kidding :) It does rain most of the times...People who do not like Seattle, dislike it for the gloom too...it may not rain on some days, but its really gloomy and dark and not everyone likes that...
To me there is more to Seattle than just the place...Its the people I know here...and I guess you get that too?
Ahhh Bombay! Wherever I go, wherever I live, I will always miss Bombay...again, its not just about the place...the people, the relationships and the old old memories...

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger hopefuldisposition said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger hopefuldisposition said...

PJ...I dont care anymore about fussing about fussing about the weather...Cos that means we really appreciate what we have here...

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger karmic said...

Yes, its amazing how the things that tie us to a place in so many ways develop.
I hear ya about Bombay. I guess it is the memories. When I visit later this year I am taking my camera along. I hope to spend time away from family taking pictures of all these places with memories. I can think of blog posts that will keep me busy for a while. :)

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger hopefuldisposition said...

Yeah, who knows blogs can serve as good catharsis when family (covering the throat with two hands tightly...)becomes a pain in the A**...:)wow you are going to India this year??? How fun!!I am going to Greece & Turkey and thats my only vacation for this year...although my mom is visiting me in June...(Good Food, Yummm) Yaay!!

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger karmic said...

Good for you. Our visit is due to a number of reasons.. old parents, a year to *A*'s brothers passing away.
I look forward to the trip but there are parts of it I always have trouble dealing with. The heartbreak of seeing our cute neice who lost her dad.. she is just 5. Stinks if you ask me and thats a mild word. So all my vacn is being saved so I might spend 3 instead of 2 weeks in India. I am hoping to fit in a trip to someplace in India cos I know I will need some time to be by myself.
Sorry to sort of vent. :)
Greece and Turkey sound like fun. Take lot of pics.
Might go to Denmark next year.
I did write a cheesy poem using the word cherry at Aranyi's if you want to be amused.. please read it. I promise not to subject ya to that torture again!
What's the sandpaper joke? :)

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger hopefuldisposition said...

By *A*, did you mean Aranyi?? I am sorry to hear about all those mishaps. I know home need not mean the same to you as it does to me...I have bad memories too...but I try my best to obliterate them....not suppress them, but just make peace and move on. I am not trying to give you advice...just sharing my part. Its no vent! Like I said earlier...blogs can be cathartic...hope you feel better and actually look forward to your trip as you get closer to it...
I cant crack a joke right now! May be later...have to come up with something (really funny) right?

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger karmic said...

HD. *A* is my wife, sorry I should have been more clear.
It's nice to hear your point of view and that is very welcome, so don't be defensive about it.
The approach you mentioned is pretty much what I follow. I was just sort of bringing up the issues that sort of will be front and center when I visit. :)
Oh ya I do feeel fine, I did not mean to sound depressing cos I don't feel that way.
:) Later

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger hopefuldisposition said...

I too wrote some weird stuff on Aranyi's...hope Aranyi doesnt block me from writing on her blog :)
I presumed you were depressed...sorry I was wrong...
About the joke...I am thinking real hard now (head hurts)

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger karmic said...

LOL.. nyah, I noticed not everyone used to take up the word of the week thing. Now I can't wait for next week. And no you won't be banned. I on the opther hand might have to show better taste or presence of poem-related-genes.
And nothing to be sorry about..
And your peom was nice..liked it!

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger hopefuldisposition said...

Thanks Ash!!! Welcome back!! Where the hell were you??? You didn't even send me an email!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home