Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Well I am back...I know these occasional once in a while ramblings do not account for good blogging but I only have my work to blame. My new job...ah less said the better...one word- STRESS- if that makes sense?

So lets move on, life has been pretty busy, I mean one has to work so hard to even plan a damn vacation! Oops for my use of words like that...well what the hell...may as well talk my head...its not like these words don't surface there?

So I was planning on going to Greece and Turkey in the month of May for about a week to 10 days...Booked the tickets, booked hotels...arranged for the visa papers PHEW!!! the process killed me. It was easier to get my Green Card compared to getting a damned Greek Visa! Talk about pathetic customer support, Greek consulate customer support is a Class A example of how not to support a customer! They can be used for a bad case study...Anyway while I am still waiting for the visa....I thought Id say a little about Turkey...

Arranging for papers for Turkish Visa wasn't so bad...B and me talked about some of the places that we wanted to see in and around Istanbul...We totally fell for the city after looking at these pictures....














The pics above are of Haghia-Sophia and Bosphorous.


Above are pictures of Bebek - a part of the coast with ancient homes and a cross section of the Spice market at the Grand Bazaar....

Ofcourse there is much much more to Istanbul than this...which is what I am going to explore when I go there...:)

As for Greece, one of the most commercial tourist places in Europe...I did look at tons of pictures but none of them I want to put up right now cos they are all the same on almost all the websites I saw. I want to click some of my own married to my experiences there and then put them here...

So anyway, I cant wait to go to these places in May!!! This is the beginning of, what I hope is, my globe trekking...I hope to go to one new place on the globe each year...I dont know if i would be able to or not, but this is a good start!

On another note, PJ moved....to her gorgeous new apartment on the 16th floor...in the heart of Belltown... and there is something to explore on each end of her apartment- South - Downtown, North- Seattle Space Needle, West - Puget Sound and Pike Place Market and East - Capitol Hill ....

As for the view, its only the gorgeous skyline, looking down into 4th Ave! I should let her write about her apartment in detail as I am sure she would like to do that...I dont want her to feel like I have stolen her thoughts and "Intercepted her brain waves!"

I am waiting for one of those nights I'd be spending at her apartment (sorry PJ I invited myself to your apt.) to drown in that view :)

So alright, almost done here...looking forward to Being Cyrus this coming weekend...Heard its a fabulous movie...Movie autopsy and analysis will be done after P-M-G discussion forum has happened, post-movie.

Will meet again with some good writes :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home