I had some ideas for this blog and all of them centered around Rang De Basanti, but I think enough has been said about that movie already. I only have to share one thing, its a new genre of movies in Indian cinema and I totally am basking in it!!!
I cried buckets over Love and Loss between Gay Cowboys....if you havent guessed already, I am talking about Brokeback Mountain. I have to say it was an awesome movie, a sensitive subject dealt with such delicacy! The director did an awesome job, making a big impact right at the start with the picturesque landscape and then sketching the lonliness of being so far away in such a beautiful setting with no one to share it with but another person of the same sex...slowly developing a friendship that I could only fathom as profound and then subtly bringing out the physical relationship, that just is a part and not the whole basis of this relationship.
What a way to open up people's minds! I know a lot of Christians would not agree with me or for that matter a lot of conservative folks part of other religions, who cannot even acknowledge the existence of such a relationship, leave alone accept it. I would not say I am fashioning it and making a propaganda of it...but I am only saying that one cannot remove the sensitiveness and the feelings in such a relationship and undermine it just as a choice or a lifestyle that one choses to lead. To me it seems more deep than that, like a huge emotional vaccuum that can only be fulfilled by something so inexplicably unique and more sensitive feelings that is present in a heterosexual relationship.
Anyway, Life has gotten so busy all of sudden...I have no time to sit and wonder how my day is going to pass off on a Saturday, I have already made plans for 3 weekends out from now!! This is crazy!! I can only say my personal life rocks!!! Touch/Knock on WOOD!!! Its like college days...where I would look forward to hanging out with friends...those fun filled days are back!!! OR they seem like they are :)
I am looking forward to another day of skiing, a trip to NYC, SFO, Chicago (that depends on PJ, dont ask me why) and then phew! finally make some personal plans....WOW what an eventful year already :))
Alright peoples, will catch up with ya'll later...talk to you soon!
Hopefuldisposition


1 Comments:
Touch/Knock on WOOD...did you mean "Touch/Knock on head"
Post a Comment
<< Home