Thursday, February 09, 2006

Lately I have been eaten by thoughts of wanting to move lock, stock & barrel back home and as I was talking to my mom about this nagging feeling, my mom told me something horrifying... that made me want to forget all about home...!

It was about a girl Pratibha that got raped and murdered on the night she was getting to work at a call center, HP Globalsoft...
read on...and you will find out about the ghastly incident!!

I was shock stricken by this dreadful incident and was immediately overcome by anger and anguish! Is this called prosperity? Is India able to provide true democracy to the people that really need it? Is it all about making foreign policies that bring in more and more dollars or is it about providing your country full of youngsters a reason to respect the land they are born into??
I cannot believe something like this is happening in an era of liberalism!

5 Comments:

At 12:38 AM, Blogger ecophilo said...

Yes, the Bangalore incident did happen, but that is not a rule. It is an exception.
Second, about prosperity and true democracy. True democracy will happen only when our citizens are educated, not when illiterates apply their thumb impressions to vote other illiterates. Education will happen only when we value education. This prosperity is the route to that - the respect for education.
Our foreign policies have to bring in the dollars, otherwise it is only the people who go abroad that make "big money". Respect to the land will happen only when our citizens respect our homeland, if you know what I mean.
Yes, Bangalore has its faults, so does India, but overall it is a safe place, far safer and freer than many many other countries and cities.

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger ecophilo said...

A lot has been done.Most BPO companies today sent security (private guards) with the vehicles. Call center cabs cannot have tinted glasses. Drivers need police verification before they can even seek employment. Drivers carry id cards. Many of these checks were already in place in many companies I know.
What I am saying is, yes,there are black spots everywhere. While we must try and reduce the black spots, dont miss the white too.

 
At 11:02 PM, Blogger Paavany said...

Geets, you cannot base your decision on an incident such as this. Incidents such as these happen in every country. I do not believe they are indicative of a country's people.

I think all the positive things that are happening in India is the reason you should move. I plan to move back at some point: for the poeple, the intensity, the variety in conversation, the sense of being at home....

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger hopefuldisposition said...

I understand that this happens in a lot of other countries, but that is not my contention. I cannot discount this based on a 1000 other positives about our country, and infact that is my concern. We have so much prosperity and positives that everyone is basking in, are we missing a vital point somewhere about the brutality of such situations? Are we a country venturing into a new era to be just economically successful, or are we looking to creating a better place for our Human Race? It might sound idealistic, but hey, am I wrong in wanting that?
For my share of doing what it takes to get there, I can say I am contributing in my tiny way as a strife towards that better world I often dream about.

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger Paavany said...

Geets....I recommed you change the font color. I cannot see a darn alphabet.

As I said before, you dont have a eye for....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home